The post-graduate certificate in Project Management is a one- year post-graduate certificate program for individuals seeking to develop the skills to foresee or predict as many dangers and problems as possible; and to plan, organize, and control activities so that the project is completed as successfully as possible in spite of all the risks.
This program will provide you with the theoretical and practical knowledge, skill and techniques to successfully plan, implement, manage, execute and evaluate projects. Our curriculum is closely aligned with the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge.
|Course Length||Two Semesters (1 year)|
|Hours||20 hrs/week x 34 weeks|
|Instruction Options||On-Site, Full-time|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, and Spring|
|Tuition||(See breakdown below)|
|Home Student||CAD 10,000.00 / session|
*This program is not designated and ineligible to receive foreign nationals on a study permit
- Bachelor degree or Higher Diploma or a 3 year Advanced Diploma
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- Alberta Grade 12 English Language and Mathematics
- An equivalent Advanced Level Adult Basic Education mathematics course;
- Applicants with International transcripts must provide proof of the subject specific requirements
- Student from non-English speaking countries should provide in addition to any or combination of the above, proof of IELTS-International English Language Testing Service-Overall band of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band.
Graduates of this program will have acquired a platform to pursue further academic endeavors and provide them the job roles and opportunities such as Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Project Leaders, Project Scheduler, Project Development Analyst, and Project Analyst.
Completion of this program can be used to ladder into the Post- graduate Project Management Diploma program in preparation for writing certification Exams from PMI.
|Introduction to Project Management||3|
|The Organization and Project Management||3|
|Project Scope and Quality Management||3|
|Project Planning and Scheduling||3|
|Project Stakeholder, Resources and Communications Management||3|
|Project Estimation and Cost Management||3|
|Project Control and Risk Management||3|
|Project Procurement Management and Contract Management||3|
|Project Management Tools and Systems||3|
|Project Management Office||3|