Information Systems & Business Analysis
Download Fact Sheet
The post-graduate certificate in Information Systems and Business Analysis is for students seeking a specialization aligned in business and data analytics, information systems, development and support positions in both business and non-business organizations. This program is designed to meet the urgent need for professionals who can be the key liaison between business and information technology functions within an organization.
Information Systems and Business analysis is the business process of assessing an organization’s structure, processes, technology, and capabilities to identify and define solutions to roadblocks that impede the achievement of organizational goals.
Students who enroll in the program will be equipped with the training and knowledge they need to become a leader in the industry. They can also use this to ladder into the Information Systems and Business Analysis Diploma program.
|Course Length||Two Semesters (1 year)|
|Hours||20 hrs/week x 34 weeks|
|Instruction Options||On-Site, Full-time|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, and Spring|
|Tuition||(See breakdown below)|
|Home Student||CAD 10,000.00 / session|
*This program is not designated and ineligible to receive foreign nationals on a study permit
- Bachelor degree or Higher Diploma or a 3 year Advanced Diploma
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- Alberta Grade 12 English Language and Mathematics
- An equivalent Advanced Level Adult Basic Education mathematics course;
- Applicants with International transcripts must provide proof of the subject specific requirements
- Student from non-English speaking countries should provide in addition to any or combination of the above, proof of IELTS-International English Language Testing Service-Overall band of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band.
Graduates of this program will have acquired the skills sets to be successful in common roles such as; Business Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, and Information System Business Analyst.
|Introduction to Information Systems||3|
|Introduction to Information Technology Project Management||3|
|Introduction to Systems & Business Process Analysis and Development||3|
|Communication for Effective Business Systems Analysis & Solutions||3|
|Business Analyst Case Study I||3|
|Business Analyst Software Tools||3|
|Risk Analysis and IT Service Management||3|
|User Interface and User experience Design||3|
|Enterprise Resource Planning||3|
|Business Analyst Case Study II||3|