Canadian Imperial College is a designated learning instituition with DLI#: O142448481732. We are pleased to offer international students the opportunity and foundation to experience Canada.
Moving to a different country can be challenging. We offer useful tips to help you ease into a new setting. We also have great resources that can help you settle in once you arrive.
Edmonton is an extremely diverse city, with many opportunities to emerge yourself in the culture and appreciate the beautiful landscape of the city.
Edmonton is the Capital City of Alberta, and a buzzing hub of business, nightlife, and adventure. The diverse culture will be sure to give you a piece of home, and the River Valley will be sure to capture your attention. The education, extra-curricular and career opportunities are a part of why Edmonton is home to so many.
International Students may be required to assess their transcript and educational credential equivalencies through any of the following organizations before they are considered for admission:
- Comparative Education Service: University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
- World Education Services (WES)
- International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
- International Credential Evaluation Service
The college does not provide accommodations but we do have suggestions for accommodations:
As an international student, you will need to locate appropriate rental accommodations. Canadian Imperial College does not offer student housing. For information on accommodation please refer to the *list below or contact an International Admission Representative for further information or resources.
- Canada Homestay International –http://canadahomestaynetwork.ca/for-students/
- CAPREIT https://www.caprent.com//
- Rent Faster https://www.rentfaster.ca/
- RentSpot https://rentspot.com/
- Renting Spaces https://www.rentingspaces.ca
- Rentseeker http://www.rentseeker.ca/
- Search4StudentHousing https://www.search4studenthousing.com
You will need a Study Permit if you are taking a program that is more than six months.
We currently have our in-house Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) that will assist you with your study permit application at no cost to you. Please feel free to use this service for better and successful study permit application.
Make sure you have medical coverage before you begin classes. If you do not have coverage, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best way you should start your time at Canadian Imperial College on the right foot is by attending International Student Orientation. This is the day that you will receive essential information on how to achieve success throughout your studies and upon graduation.
Information provided includes:
- Meet the staff from the International Office and other international students
- How your health insurance works
- Setting up a bank account in Canada
- Immigration issues regarding studying and working in Canada
- Workshops on how to achieve academic success while at Canadian Imperial College
- Learning about the many resources available to support you during your studies
- Meet your instructors and classmates
- Find out more detailed information about your program of study
- Meet the student services team and discover a number of on-campus services
Depending on your country of origin, you may need a Visitor’s Visa. You can find out if you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization to travel to Canada here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
Immigration laws in Canada change often. You can view up-to-date Immigration Information here: http://www.cic.gc.ca
Canadian Imperial College Diploma in Finance is an expected two-year program emphasizing the development of a comprehensive understanding of theory and application of finance.
Business Administration & Management
The two-year Business Administration & Management Diploma program emphasizes real-world business application management concepts.
Personal Support Worker
Canadian Imperial College offers a Personal Support Worker Certificate. This is a six-month foundation program aimed at providing a clear pathway that involves caring for others in the healthcare setting.
Caregivers help family or friends with challenges due to illness, disability or aging. As a society, we need caregivers. The population is aging, and people are living longer with illness and disability. As care needs grow, we rely on caregivers to fill in the gaps.
Early Learning and Childcare
Canadian Imperial College offers an Undergraduate Certificate in Early Learning and Childcare. This is a six-month foundation program aimed at providing a clear pathway for advanced education or working with professionals in sectors that include children.
Canadian Imperial College offers an Undergraduate Certificate in Finance program. This is a one year foundation program prepares students to pursue many careers in the financial industry.
Business Administration & Management
Canadian Imperial College offers an Undergraduate Certificate in Business Management. This is a one-year foundation program aimed at providing a clear pathway for advanced education or work career.