Download Fact Sheet
Canadian Imperial College offers an Undergraduate Pharmacy Technician Diploma. This is a two-year foundation program aimed at providing students the knowledge and technical training to work as a Pharmacy Technician in a variety of health care settings, such as hospitals, long-term care facilities and community pharmacies.
|Course Length||Four Semesters (2 years)|
|Hours||20 hrs/week x 68 weeks|
|Delivery Options||Onsite, Online, and Combination.|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, and Spring|
|Tuition||(See breakdown below)|
|Home Student||CAD 10,000.00 / year|
|International Student||CAD 15,000.00 / year|
In addition to the Pharmacy Technology Diploma, graduates of this program will also receive certification in First Aid and CPR.
*This program is currently seeking Qualifying Accreditation through The Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs (CCAPP).
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- Alberta Grade 12 English Language, Mathematics, Biology, and Chemistry or
- Successful completion of the General Educational Development (GED) test that consists of five tests with a minimum score of 450 in each test.
- Mature applicants are at least 19 years of age and have been out of the full-time senior secondary study for at least one year.
- Mature applicants without English 12 can write the academic achievement testing (CAT 4) with a minimum of 60% score.
- Mature applicants must provide proof of English Proficiency test with results.
- Applicants who are not national students who meet the guidelines established for international students studying in Canada by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- All applicants must be high school graduates or equivalent.
- Applicants must have proof of English Proficiency test with results.
- Applicants with non-English documents must provide English translated and notarized documentation.
Minimum English Proficiency Test Result
- IELTS- International English Language Testing Service:
- Overall Band of 7.
- With nothing less than 6.
- TOEFL (TOEFL iBT® and TOEFL® Essentials™):
- Overall score of 97.
- with nothing less than 27.
Graduates of this program will have acquired the opportunity for employment in a variety of health care settings, such as hospitals, long-term care facilities and community pharmacies.
|Professional Role and Ethics||3|
|Foundations of Pharmacy||3|
|Pharmacy Computer System||3|
|Medical terminology/ Anatomy/ Physiology/ Pathology||3|
|Healthcare Communication 1||3|
|Preparation for Practice 1||3|
|Non-prescription AND complementary||3|
|Hospital and Institution Practice||3|
|Community Health Project||3|
|Preparation for Practice 2||3|
*Graduates of this program will also receive certification in First Aid and CPR.