Do you have the right personality for College?

Take The Assessment!


How do you apply for Admissions?

You can apply online at the link:

Admission Process:
Congratulations on deciding to further your education! To become a Canadian Imperial College student, please follow the following process:

Step 1 – Application
• Click “Apply” on our official website; to apply to our college. While applying, the non-refundable application fee will be automatically applied.
• Submit all admission requirements online. Ensure that your transcripts have been received and submitted.
• If you did not submit your transcripts at the time of submitting your application online, please send your transcripts directly to Canadian Imperial College at
• If your first language is not English, please provide proof that you have completed English language proficiency.
• Complete applications are processed in the order that they are received. We have two intakes each year, but will except applicants year-round. If approved, you will be allowed to enrol in the upcoming semester.

Step 2- Determination
• Once your complete application document is received, the admissions team will assess and verify your documents, to determine your admissibility. Some programs may require additional testing.
• If successful, an offer letter will be sent to the email on your application document. With details on tuition deposit and further instructions.
• Unsuccessful candidates will also be notified via the email on their application documents.

Step 3 – Acceptance
• If you accept our admission offer, a non-transferable tuition deposit will be required to reserve the seat in your program. This deposit will be applied to your tuition.
• Once your tuition deposit is confirmed, Canadian Imperial College will issue you an “acceptance letter”.
• Canadian Imperial College reserves the right to cancel courses or programs for operational reasons. When this occurs, tuition for the respected course will be refunded.

What are the deadlines for Admissions?

The deadline for admissions is often 2-3 months before the start of the term. This allows for processing times, payment, the study permit/visa processing time, accommodation search, etc.


Important Dates Fall 2022 Winter 2023 Spring 2023
Application deadline Wednesday, June 1, 2022 Monday, October 2, 2022 Wednesday February 1, 2023
What documents do I need to provide and when are they due?


Official High School Transcript

High School Certificate


Additional Documentation:

All official Post-Secondary Transcripts

All Post-Secondary Schools Certificates

Resume (CV)

Proof of English Language Proficiency (If applicable)

Other Relevant Documents

Recommended to be submitted with application form and application payment to prevent delays in the application process.

Do documents need to be translated and/or notarized?

Any document that is not in English must be accompanied by and English translation.

Does Canadian Imperial College require an English language test?

If you are from a non-English speaking country, you are required to have English Proficiency test with results.

English Proficiency

○ Academic and Career programs:

■ All applicants must have a minimum TOEFL score of 78 (CBT), with nothing less then 19 in any band, for general college admission, or an IELTS score of 6.0, with nothing less than a 5.5 in any band, for general college admission.

■ Some programs or courses may require a higher score for entry.

If your primary and secondary education (high school) or post-secondary education was carried out in English with proof of transcripts and certificates, English language test is not required.

What if my English language score doesn't meet the requirements?

If you do not meet these requirements, you can still apply but acceptance is not guaranteed and further documentation may be required

When will I receive an admission decision from Canadian Imperial College?

As soon as the application is 100% complete, with all requirements filled in, as well as all required documentation and the application fee paid, an advisor/admissions team will assess and verify your documents, to determine your admissibility. If successful, an offer letter will be sent to the email on your application document. With details on the tuition deposit and further instructions. Unsuccessful candidates will also be notified via the email on their application documents.

How will I receive the Offer and Acceptance Letter?

The Offer Letter and Letter of Acceptance will be sent to the email that was submitted on your application document.

Does Canadian Imperial College offer Scholarships?

Canadian Imperial College offers a $1000 scholarship to any local, self-paying student. There are criteria and conditions to be met.

International students are offered a $2,000 scholarship upon accepting a place at Canadian Imperial College. This is subject to approval by the College Board.

At this time, Canadian Imperial College does not offer full scholarships.

Can the application fee be waived due to financial hardship?

Canadian Imperial College can not waive the application fee at this time. 

Do I need a Study Permit?

 If you are not a Canadian citizen or Permanent resident, you must apply for a study permit to attend College in Canada

Does Canadian Imperial College provide accommodations for students?

The college does not provide accommodations but we do have suggestions for accommodations:

As an international student, you will need to locate appropriate rental accommodations. Canadian Imperial College does not offer student housing. For information on accommodation please refer to the *list below or contact an International Admission Representative for further information or resources.

Can an International student work part-time on a Study Permit?

 The Canadian Government website is very informative on all details in regards to working as an international student. Here is a link to help you,  this can provide you with the specific details as to what jobs you can have while on a study permit and the specific hours.

This link is the actual government website with the details separated.

Is there a payment plan for International Students?

Yes, Canadian Imperial College offers a payment plan option. You are required to e-mail inquiries to for approval.

Who is the Bridging Pathways for Internationally educated nurses (BPIEN) for?

The BPIEN is for:

  • IENs seeking to prepare for nursing practice and exams in Alberta.
  • IENs seeking support in licensing process in Alberta within their first 2 years of re-locating to Canada.
  • IENs seeking to prepare for further education in Canadian nursing schools. 
Who is the Bridging Pathways for Internationally educated nurses (BPIEN) NOT for?

The BPIEN is NOT for:

  • IENs seeking to update RN competency gaps.
  • IENs seeking to upgrade from LPN to RN.
  • IENs seeking nursing credentials to practice outside of Alberta.
  • IENs seeking to meet CNO competency gaps to practice in ON.
Are the NNAS/CARNA documentation required to take the Bridging Program for Internationally Educated Nurses (BPIEN)?

At this time, NNAS/ CARNA documentation is not a requirement to start the BPIEN. However, students are recommended to pursue NNAS/ CARNA licensing processes as soon as possible when they start the program.

Do we have to have the required English requirements to do the BPIEN?

Yes, you need to meet the minimum English requirements to enroll in the BPIEN.

My English test has expired, can I still take the BPIEN?

Yes, the BPIEN will provide you additional resources to complete your English language requirements for Canadian Nursing Licensing bodies.

Can we take the BPIEN program if we do not have the 1,250 hours experience in the last four years?

Yes. Students must be a recent graduate or meet the requirements of a minimum of 1000 hours of nursing practice in the past 2 years. If your practice hours were completed in the last 3 to 4 years, please consult with our nursing advisor if this is the right program for you based on your education and career goals.

Can a registered nurse, who is still awaiting refugee status in Canada apply for the BPIEN program?

Yes, Canadian Imperial College will work with you in all regards of the Bridging Program for Internationally Educated Nurses.

Do you have an online BPIEN program for IEN for individuals not residing in Alberta?

A limited selection of online courses only would be available online for IENs not residing in Alberta.

The BPIEN is a blended program that requires online and in-class courses for particular requirements, such as the lab portions.

Do all these courses be fulfilled in BPIEN?

Yes, there are a total of 8 courses in the BPIEN to be completed within an 8 month or 32-week period.

If I take this bridging program and get the graduate certificate can I work as a registered nurse?

No. To work as a registered nurse, you must register with CARNA, be qualified to write the NCLEX-RN, pass the NCLEX-RN, and become licensed by CARNA.

Does accreditation through the WES (World Education Services) of Canada account for certified documentation?

No, nursing regulatory bodies only accept NNAS in Canada.

How can I know if I am eligible to take a BPIEN program at your school?

The admission requirements are:

  • Diploma in Nursing and/or Midwifery or a Bachelor’s of Higher Degree in Nursing,
  • Be previously or currently a registered or licensed nurse in your country of origin,
  • Have a minimum of 1,000 hours of nursing experience within the last 2 years prior to the application, or
  • Be a recent graduate.
  • Applicants with international transcripts must provide proof of the subject’s specific requirements.
  • Students from non-English speaking countries should provide, in addition to any combination of the above, proof of IELTS or equivalent (TOEFL, CELBAN). An overall band of 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in each band.
  • Entrance Interview.

 Admission Recommendations

  • Any assessment documentation from NNAS, CARNA, CLPNA, or CRPNA, if available.
  • Standard First Aid and CPR C.
  • Criminal Record Check.
  • Negative TB Skin Test or Chest X-Ray.
  • Immunizations.
My documentation has expired, can I apply or am I required to get new documentation?

Yes, you can apply with the expired documentation. We will work with you to get the required documentation for certification.


Find out what your personality is like and discover your traits, worries & concerns about taking the next step to study at school towards a new and rewarding career. this quick and easy assessment will provide you with some insight into what to focus on and what you might need to watch out for to best prepare you for your new career and school goals!

Take the Assessment