How do you apply for Admissions?
You can apply online at the link: https://canadianimperial.ca/apply-now
Congratulations on deciding to further your education! To become a Canadian Imperial College student, please follow the following process:
Step 1 – Application
• Click “Apply” on our official website; www.canadianimperial.ca to apply to our college. While applying, the non-refundable application fee will be automatically applied.
• Submit all admission requirements online. Ensure that your transcripts have been received and submitted.
• If you did not submit your transcripts at the time of submitting your application online, please send your transcripts directly to Canadian Imperial College at email@example.com.
• If your first language is not English, please provide proof that you have completed English language proficiency.
• Complete applications are processed in the order that they are received. We have two intakes each year, but will except applicants year-round. If approved, you will be allowed to enrol in the upcoming semester.
Step 2- Determination
• Once your complete application document is received, the admissions team will assess and verify your documents, to determine your admissibility. Some programs may require additional testing.
• If successful, an offer letter will be sent to the email on your application document. With details on tuition deposit and further instructions.
• Unsuccessful candidates will also be notified via the email on their application documents.
Step 3 – Acceptance
• If you accept our admission offer, a non-transferable tuition deposit will be required to reserve the seat in your program. This deposit will be applied to your tuition.
• Once your tuition deposit is confirmed, Canadian Imperial College will issue you an “acceptance letter”.
• Canadian Imperial College reserves the right to cancel courses or programs for operational reasons. When this occurs, tuition for the respected course will be refunded.
What are the deadlines for Admissions?
The deadline for admissions is often 2-3 months before the start of the term. This allows for processing times, payment, the study permit/visa processing time, accommodation search, etc.
Mon., Oct. 7
Mon., Feb. 3
What documents do I need to provide and when are they due?
Official High School Transcript
High School Certificate
All official Post-Secondary Transcripts
All Post-Secondary Schools Certificates
Proof of English Language Proficiency (If applicable)
Other Relevant Documents
Recommended to be submitted with application form and application payment to prevent delays in the application process.
Do documents need to be translated and/or notarized?
Any document that is not in English must be accompanied by and English translation.
Does Canadian Imperial College require an English language test?
If you are from a non-English speaking country, you are required to have English Proficiency test with results.
○ Academic and Career programs:
■ All applicants must have a minimum TOEFL score of 78 (CBT), with nothing less then 19 in any band, for general college admission, or an IELTS score of 6.0, with nothing less than a 5.5 in any band, for general college admission.
■ Some programs or courses may require a higher score for entry.
If your primary and secondary education (high school) or post-secondary education was carried out in English with proof of transcripts and certificates, English language test is not required.
What if my English language score doesn't meet the requirements?
If you do not meet these requirements, you can still apply but acceptance is not guaranteed and further documentation may be required
When will I receive an admission decision from Canadian Imperial College?
As soon as the application is 100% complete, with all requirements filled in, as well as all required documentation and the application fee paid, an advisor/admissions team will assess and verify your documents, to determine your admissibility. If successful, an offer letter will be sent to the email on your application document. With details on the tuition deposit and further instructions. Unsuccessful candidates will also be notified via the email on their application documents.
How will I receive the Offer and Acceptance Letter?
The Offer Letter and Letter of Acceptance will be sent to the email that was submitted on your application document.
Does Canadian Imperial College offer Scholarships?
Canadian Imperial College offers a $1000 scholarship to any local, self-paying student. There are criteria and conditions to be met.
International students are offered a $2,000 scholarship upon accepting a place at Canadian Imperial College. This is subject to approval by the College Board.
At this time, Canadian Imperial College does not offer full scholarships.
Can the application fee be waived due to financial hardship?
Canadian Imperial College can not waive the application fee at this time.
Do I need a Study Permit?
If you are not a Canadian citizen or Permanent resident, you must apply for a study permit to attend College in Canada
Does Canadian Imperial College provide accommodations for students?
The college does not provide accommodations but we do have suggestions for accommodations:
As an international student, you will need to locate appropriate rental accommodations. Canadian Imperial College does not offer student housing. For information on accommodation please refer to the *list below or contact an International Admission Representative for further information or resources.
- Canada Homestay International –http://canadahomestaynetwork.ca/for-students/
- CAPREIT https://www.caprent.com//
- Rent Faster https://www.rentfaster.ca/
- RentSpot https://rentspot.com/
- Renting Spaces https://www.rentingspaces.ca
- Rentseeker http://www.rentseeker.ca/
- Search4StudentHousing https://www.search4studenthousing.com
Can an International student work part-time on a Study Permit?
The Canadian Government website is very informative on all details in regards to working as an international student. Here is a link to help you, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=495&top=15 this can provide you with the specific details as to what jobs you can have while on a study permit and the specific hours.
This link is the actual government website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work.html with the details separated.
Is there a payment plan for International Students?
Yes, Canadian Imperial College offers a payment plan option. You are required to e-mail inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.