Canadian Imperial College offers an Diploma in Legal Administration. This is a two-year foundation program aimed at providing core clerical, administrative skills, and terminology to allow individuals to excell in legal office environments.
|Course Length||Four Semesters (2 years)|
|Hours||20 hrs/week x 72 weeks|
|Delivery Options||Onsite, Online, and Combination.|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, and Spring|
|Tuition||(See breakdown below)|
|Home Student||CAD 10,000.00 / year|
|International Student||CAD 15,000.00 / year|
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent and 16 years of age or
- Alberta Grade 12 English Language and Mathematics or;
- Successful completion of the General Educational Development (GED) test that consists of five tests with a minimum score of 450 in each test.
- Mature applicants are at least 19 years of age and have been out of the full-time senior secondary study for at least one year.
- Mature applicants without English 12 can write the academic achievement testing (CAT 4) with a minimum of 60% score.
- Mature applicants without English 12 can provide proof of English Proficiency test with
- Applicants who are not national students who meet the guidelines established for international students studying in Canada by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- All applicants must be high school graduates or equivalent. Students with out of country equivalencies, require equivalency Students with International transcripts must provide proof of the subject-specific requirements.
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries must have proof of English Proficiency test with
- Applicants with non-English documents must provide English translated and notarized
Minimum English Proficiency Test Results
- IELTS- International English Language Testing Service
- Overall Band of 6
- With nothing less than5
- CELPIP: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program
- Overall band of 6
- With nothing less than 6
- TOEFL (TOEFL iBT® and TOEFL® Essentials™)
- Overall score of 78
- with nothing less than 19
- CBL Equivalent Level of 6
- Other English Proficiency Results available on case-to-case
The Diploma in Legal Administration allows students to work as a captioner and court reporter, judicial clerk, land title analyst, legal administrator, and liaison/consultant.
|Introduction to word processing||3|
|Document review and proof reading||3|
|Office procedures and communications||3|
|Word processing applications||3|
|Office administration 2||3|
|Integrated software applications||3|
|Legal machine transcription||3|
|Legal office procedures||3|
|*Wills and Estates Law||3|
|*Real estate procedures||3|
|*Criminal Law Procedures||3|