Computer Systems Technology
Download Fact Sheet
The Diploma in Computer Systems Technology is a two-year advance program that is aimed at providing theoretical and practical knowledge for individuals who wish to obtain employment in the Information Technology Industry. Graduates from this program can choose to specialize in areas including programming, software design, mobile application programming, data communications, security, and web design. Students will learn valuable skills that will aid in achieving their professional and personal goals and advancing their careers.
|Course Length||Four Semesters (2 years)|
|Hours||20 hrs/week x 68 weeks|
|Delivery Options||Onsite, Online, and Combination.|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, and Spring|
|Practicum||Yes – Optional|
|Tuition||(See breakdown below)|
|Home Student||CAD 10,000.00 / year|
|International Student||CAD 15,000.00 / year|
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- Alberta Grade 12 English Language and Mathematics or
- Successful completion of the General Educational Development (GED) test that consists of five tests with a minimum score of 450 in each test.
- Mature applicants are at least 19 years of age and have been out of the full-time senior secondary study for at least one year.
- Mature applicants without English 12 can write the academic achievement testing (CAT 4) with a minimum of 60% score.
- Mature applicants without English 12 can provide proof of English Proficiency test with results.
- Applicants who are not national students who meet the guidelines established for international students studying in Canada by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- All applicants must be high school graduates or equivalent.
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries must have proof of English Proficiency test with results.
- Applicants with non-English documents must provide English translated and notarized documentation.
Minimum English Proficiency Test Result
- IELTS- International English Language Testing Service:
- Overall Band of 6.
- With nothing less than 5.5.
- CELPIP: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program:
- Overall band of 6.
- With nothing less than 6.
- TOEFL (TOEFL iBT® and TOEFL® Essentials™):
- Overall score of 78.
- with nothing less than 19.
Graduates of this program will have acquired a platform to pursue further academic endeavours and provide them the job roles and opportunities such as user support technicians, system support representative, help desk technician/representative, installation technicians, PC support Analyst, programming, software design data communications, and security and web design.
|Introduction to Computer Information||3|
|Program Techniques 1||3|
|Data Structure and Algorithms||3|
|Operating Systems Administration||3|
|Mobile Application Development||3|
|Database Design and Business Applications||3|
|Information System Security||3|
|Software Analysis and Design||3|
|Programming in C++||3|
|IT Project Management||3|
|Introduction to client-server Computing||3|
|User Interface Design||3|
|Database Management and design||3|
|Mathematics for programmers||3|
|Advanced Internet Programming and web applications||3|
|Operating systems and Networking||3|