Download Fact Sheet
The Pharmacy Assistant Certificate is a one-year foundation program that prepares students to pursue many careers in the pharmacy settings. This program introduces students to community and institutional pharmacy procedures, basic human anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and medical terminologies. Students will gain fundamental insight of the health and pharmacy Industry in Canada.
|Course Length||Two Semesters (1 years)|
|Hours||20 hrs/week x 34 weeks|
|Delivery Options|| |
Onsite, Online, and Combination.
|Offered||Fall, Winter, and Spring|
|Practicum||Yes – Optional|
|Tuition||(See breakdown below)|
|Home Student||CAD 10,000.00 / session|
|International Student||CAD 15,000.00 / session|
Why a Pharmacy Assistant?
Help patients daily by providing assistance and preparing medications to aid their wellbeing. Pharmacy assistants play a vital role in pharmacies, as they assist pharmacists with the day-to-day operations in running a pharmacy, including customer service, and interacting with clients, sterilizing products, mixing compound medications, and more.
In addition to the Pharmacy Assistant Certificate, graduates of this program will also receive certification in First Aid and CPR.
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- Alberta Grade 12 English Language and Mathematics or
- Successful completion of the General Educational Development (GED) test that consists of five tests with a minimum score of 450 in each test;
- An equivalent Advanced Level Adult Basic Education mathematics course;
- Applicants with International transcripts must provide proof of the subject specific requirements
Studentfrom non-English speaking countries should provide in addition to any or combination of the above, proof of IELTS-International English Language Testing Service-Overall band of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band.
- Mature applicants are at least 19 years of age and have been out of the full-time senior secondary study for at least one year.
- Senior secondary graduation will be waived for mature applicants.
- Mature applicants without English 12 can write the academic achievement testing (CAT 4) with a minimum of 60% score.
- A student from non-English speaking countries should provide in addition to any or combination of the above, proof of IELTS-International English Language Testing Service-Overall band of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band.
Graduates of this program will have acquired the opportunity for employment in a variety of health care settings, such as hospitals, long-term care facilities and community pharmacies.
Canadian imperial College offers pharmacy assistant courses that cater to the needs of community and retail pharmacies. You will study pharmacology, pharmaceutical calculations, pharmacy software and office computer applications, and medical terminology.
The Pharmacy Assistant program will prepare you for an indispensable career in preparing medications, and updating client information with KROLL software.
Before you graduate, and under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, you will put these skills into practice during a real-world practicum placement within a community or retail pharmacy setting.
|Professional Role and Ethics||3|
|Foundations of Pharmacy||3|
|Pharmacy Computer System||3|
|Medical terminology/ Anatomy/ Physiology/ Pathology||3|
|Healthcare Communication 1||3|
|Preparation for practice 1||3|
*Graduates of this program will also receive certification in First Aid and CPR.
Is Pharmacy Assistant Right for You?
Identify goals, personal strengths and important facts about your potential career path so you can make an informed decision about your future. It takes just a few minutes!Get Your Pharmacy Assistant Education Report Now!