Download Fact Sheet
The Certificate in Computer Systems Technology is a one-year advance program that is aimed at providing theoretical and practical knowledge for individuals who wish to obtain employment in the Information Technology Industry. Graduates from this program can choose to specialize in areas including programming, software design, mobile application programming, data communications, security, and web design. Students will learn valuable skills that will aid in achieving their professional and personal goals and advancing their careers.
|Course Length||Two Semesters (1 years)|
|Hours||20 hrs/week x 34 weeks|
|Delivery Options||Onsite, Online, and Combination.|
|Offered||Fall, Winter, and Spring|
|Practicum||Yes – Optional|
|Tuition||(See breakdown below)|
|Home Student||CAD 10,000.00 / year|
|International Student||CAD 15,000.00 / year|
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent and 16 years of age or older.
- Alberta Grade 12 English Language and Mathematics or
- Successful completion of the General Educational Development (GED) test that consists of five tests with a minimum score of 450 in each test.
- Mature applicants are at least 19 years of age and have been out of the full-time senior secondary study for at least one year.
- Mature applicants without English 12 can write the academic achievement testing (CAT 4) with a minimum of 60% score.
- Mature applicants without English 12 can provide proof of English Proficiency test with results.
- Applicants who are not national students who meet the guidelines established for international students studying in Canada by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- All applicants must be high school graduates or equivalent. Students with out of country equivalencies, require equivalency assessments. Students with International transcripts must provide proof of the subject-specific requirements.
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries must have proof of English Proficiency test with results.
- Applicants with non-English documents must provide English translated and notarized documentation.
Minimum English Proficiency Test Result
- IELTS- International English Language Testing Service:
- Overall Band of 6.
- With nothing less than 5.5.
- CELPIP: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program:
- Overall band of 6.
- With nothing less than 6.
- TOEFL (TOEFL iBT® and TOEFL® Essentials™):
- Overall score of 78.
- with nothing less than 19.
- CBL Equivalent Level of 6.
- Other English Proficiency Results available on case-to-case basis.
Graduates of this program will have acquired a platform to pursue further academic endeavours and provide them the job roles and opportunities such as Computer network technicians, network administrators, system administrators, communication technician, and user support technician.
|Introduction to Computer Information||3|
|Program Techniques 1||3|
|Data Structure and Algorithms||3|
|Operating Systems Administration||3|
|Mobile Application Development||3|
|Database Design and Business Applications||3|
|Information System Security||3|