Pharmacy Technician Instructor
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
A new college in Edmonton, Canada is looking to build its business engagement regionally, nationally and internationally through workforce development and skills training, knowledge exchange and transfer, research, innovation and development.
We are looking for a strong leader to provide vision and strategic direction for key areas of our Pharmacy Technician program. Your varied portfolio will include academic and student instruction; curriculum development; student experience (including international); student progress and assessment; and employability.
Instructors play a key role in teaching students of all ages and academic backgrounds and maintaining this positive experience for both potential and current students, as well as their families and alumni. Instructors are responsible for the overall development, preparation, presentation, gathering research, marking assignments and exams, and performing other administrative duties.
Working with academic and technical staff, in collaboration with Pharmacy Technician program, and other professional service staff, the Pharmacy Technician Instructor will be critical to the achievement of the College’s business plan.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
You will lead your teams to support growth, development, and service development, in line with our overarching strategic objectives. As a member of college, you will ensure we comply with the requirements from a range of statutory and funding bodies. You will take on formal regulatory responsibilities for students governed by our own regulations.
You will also be coordinating new up-to-date information to develop and maintain curriculum, prepare teaching materials, course outlines, examinations, and student feedback.
Working in partnership with the administrative staff and with the relevant Faculties and Support Department(s) to identify training and development opportunities, building and maintaining institutional expectations, updates, and reviews.
- Instruct students through lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations and simulation activities.
- Advise students on course objectives and expectations during the course
- Develop teaching methods, materials, technologies and learning environments which enhance the students’ learning opportunities
- Creating an environment for understanding and enthusiasm amongst students.
- Prepare, administer, and mark tests and papers to evaluate students’ progress.
- Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently
- Provide feedback to students on their progress in the course / program
- Facilitate laboratory and/or simulation activities as needed
- Participate in lab and theory courses as required
- Conduct course and program evaluation for review.
- Maintain student records.
- Assist students with career decisions and plans.
- Cooperate with colleagues in the continuous review and development of the programs and associated curriculum.
SKILLS, KNOWELDGE, AND ABILITY:
- Current skills and knowledge related to the area of instruction.
- Ability to establish and maintain an interactive learning environment with skill practice and be able to apply the basic principles and practices of adult education.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A solid understanding of and appreciation for the pharmacy technician profession.
- Passionate about pharmacy and working with individuals interested in a professional career in health care.
- Culturally sensitive and the ability to work with a diverse population.
- Experience in non-sterile and/or sterile compounding, community and/or institutional environments is an asset
- Ability to work as a team with other instructors and staff
- Exhibit professionalism in and out of the workplace
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA & QUALIFICATIONS :
- Currently registered and in good standing with ACP as a Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacist for a minimum of 2 years
- Currently employed as a Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacist
- At least 2 years of occupational experience in Pharmacy
- Clinical and/or didactical experience
- Previous instructional experience in a post-secondary environment and course work in adult education, with evidence of student-centered teaching excellence, is preferred.
To apply, send a cover letter and your resume to us at email@example.com