Computer Technology Instructor
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
A new college in Edmonton, Canada is looking to build its business engagement regionally, nationally, and internationally through workforce development and skills training, knowledge exchange and transfer, research, innovation, and development.
Your varied portfolio will include academic and student instruction; curriculum development; student experience (including international); student progress and assessment; and employability.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
As a member of college’s senior management team, you will ensure we comply with the requirements from a range of statutory and funding bodies. You will take on formal regulatory responsibilities for students governed by our own regulations.
Instructors plays a key role in teaching students of all ages and academic backgrounds and maintaining this positive experience for both potential and current students, as well as their families and alumni. Instructors are responsible for the overall development, preparation, presentation, gathering research, marking assignments and exams, and preforming other administrative duties.
You will also be coordinating new up-to-date information to develop and maintain curriculum, prepare teaching materials, course outlines, examinations, and student feedback.
Working in partnership with the administrative staff and with the relevant Faculties and Support Department(s) to identify training and development opportunities, building and maintaining institutional expectations, updates, and reviews
- Strong ability to develop academic curriculum and oversight of the entire academic curriculum and content that is in line with the industry recruitment requirement.
- Deliver curriculum using instructional techniques such as lectures, demonstrations, hands-on training, projects, assignments, and using multimedia technologies
- Maintain and submit program and student records.
- Evaluate student performance, assignments, exams specific to academic requirements.
- Working with faculty and staff to ensure that the allocation of resources promotes and enables the college’s strategic academic objectives, and that there are effective controls and incentives in place to support good financial and strategic management of academic departments.
- Develop proactive relationships with relevant external stakeholders, monitor developments and best practices within the post-secondary sector ensuring that creative solutions are incorporated into strategies/policies/ procedures for which the role holder is accountable.
- Liaises with education agents and businesses internationally.
- Updates and set up the school information system with new courses, documents, agencies profiles and prices.
- Any other duties and responsibilities appropriate and commensurate with the level of responsibility as determined by the administration office.
PERSON SPECIFICATION, ESSENTIAL CRITERIA & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Technology or related field, Masters preferred.
- Experience and understanding of developing and delivering curriculum to students
- Experienced practitioner with significant background in academic administration and instruction
- Strong strategic understanding and knowledge of Higher Education and institutional issues relating to instructions. This would usually be expected to include funding and assessment issues; teaching quality and enhancement and student assessment; student recruitment and admissions; student finance; student records and statutory returns; institutional partnerships; international policy; academic and student regulatory frameworks; resource allocation and funding
- The ability to provide strong and inspiring leadership to manage and motivate staff, and to act as an effective member of a team and demonstrate the ability to engage beyond departmental boundaries
- An expert in developing academic curriculum for post-secondary education in Canada
- Previous instructional experience in a post-secondary environment and course work in adult education, with evidence of student-centered teaching excellence, is preferred.
- Experience with learner management systems and computer programs
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Good understanding of specialized processes, acts, and regulations.
- Be able to initiate, engage, observe, and support students of all academic levels.
- Strong communication skills in all formats.
- Ability to be self-motivated as well as work as part of a team.
- Model respectful and critical thinking skills, behaviour, and language.
To apply, send a cover letter and your resume to us at email@example.com