ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
A new college in Edmonton, Canada is looking to build its business engagement regionally, nationally and internationally through workforce development and skills training, knowledge exchange and transfer, research, innovation and development.
We are looking for a strong leader to provide vision and strategic direction for key areas of our Nursing department. Your varied portfolio will include academic and student instruction; curriculum development; student experience (including international); student progress and assessment; and employability.
Instructors play a key role in teaching students of all ages and academic backgrounds and maintaining this positive experience for both potential and current students, as well as their families and alumni. Instructors are responsible for the overall development, preparation, presentation, gathering research, marking assignments and exams, and performing other administrative duties.
Working with academic and technical staff, in collaboration with College business partners and other professional service staff, the College Business Development Manager will be critical to the achievement of the College’s business plan.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
You will lead your teams to support growth, development and service development, in line with our overarching strategic objectives. As a member of the college’s senior management team, you will ensure we comply with the requirements from a range of statutory and funding bodies. You will take on formal regulatory responsibilities for students governed by our own regulations.
You will also be coordinating new up-to-date information to develop and maintain curriculum, prepare teaching materials, course outlines, examinations, and student feedback.
Working in partnership with the Administrative staff and with the relevant Faculties and Support Department(s) to identify training and development opportunities, building and maintaining institutional expectations, updates, and reviews
• Identify opportunities to exploit the College’s academic endeavours to create new income streams.
• Actively engage with academics and technicians from across the College to fully understand the capabilities and knowledge capital.
• Generate new income streams through commercialization of knowledge capital, facilities and/or research and development projects.
• Influence others and secure buy-in and commitment from staff across the College to deliver on projects and opportunities with external businesses and companies.
• Support academic staff to build their confidence and skills in business engagement as well as their awareness and understanding of key industrial strategies that affect the City, Municipal and region.
• Brief the College management team on key priorities in international, national, and regional strategies and advise on how the College should position itself for the future.
• Engage with business development managers, or equivalents, in other Colleges and work collegiately to assure the college achieves its targets and realizes identified opportunities.
• Undertake research and market analysis, including client profiling, sourcing trend setters and high growth potential business opportunities and contacts.
• Strong ability to develop academic curriculum and oversight of the entire academic curriculum and content that is in line with the industry recruitment requirement.
• Deliver curriculum using instructional techniques such as lectures, demonstrations, hands-on training, projects, assignments, and using multimedia technologies
• Maintain and submit program and student records.
• Evaluate student performance, assignments, exams specific to academic requirements.
• Working with faculty and staff to ensure that the allocation of resources promotes and enables the college’s strategic academic objectives, and that there are effective controls and incentives in place to support good financial and strategic management of academic departments.
• Develop proactive relationships with relevant external stakeholders, monitor developments and best practices within the Post-Secondary sector ensuring that creative solutions are incorporated into strategies/policies/ procedures for which the role holder is accountable.
• Liaises with education agents and businesses internationally.
• Updates and set up the school information system with new courses, documents, agencies profiles and prices.
• Any other duties and responsibilities appropriate and commensurate with the level of responsibility as determined by the administration office.
PERSON SPECIFICATION, ESSENTIAL CRITERIA & QUALIFICATIONS:
• A Master’s degree in Nursing
• A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with minimum of 2 years nursing or teaching experience OR
• A Practical Nursing Diploma with minimum of 4 years practical nursing experience or teaching experience OR
• Experience and understanding of developing and delivering curriculum to students
• Experienced practitioner with significant background in academic administration and instruction
• Strong strategic understanding and knowledge of Higher Education and institutional issues relating to instructions. This would usually be expected to include funding and assessment issues; teaching quality and enhancement and student assessment; student recruitment and admissions; student finance; student records and statutory returns; institutional partnerships; international policy; academic and student regulatory frameworks; resource allocation and funding
• The ability to provide strong and inspiring leadership to manage and motivate staff, and to act as an effective member of a team and demonstrate the ability to engage beyond departmental boundaries
• An expert in developing academic curriculum for Post-Secondary education in Canada
• Previous instructional experience in a post-secondary environment and course work in adult education, with evidence of student-centered teaching excellence, is preferred.
• Experience with learner management systems and computer programs
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Good understanding of the Canadian Health Care system process, acts and regulations.
• Be able to initiate, engage, observe, and support students of all academic levels.
• Strong communication skills in all formats.
• Ability to be self-motivated as well as work as part of a team.
• Model respectful and critical thinking skills, behaviour, and language.
• A desire to learn and share their knowledge
• Critical thinking skills
• An aptitude for health care and/or research in this discipline
• Experience in working with students in a learning environment.
• Valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate
• Completed a criminal record check, with a vulnerable sector search.
To apply, send a cover letter and your resume to us at email@example.com