ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
A new college in Edmonton, Canada is looking to build its business engagement regionally, nationally and internationally through workforce development and skills training, knowledge exchange and transfer, research, innovation and development.
We’re looking for a strong leader to provide vision and strategic direction for key areas of our administration. Your varied portfolio will include academic and student administration; student recruitment; student experience (including international); student progress and assessment; and employability.
The Registrar plays a key role in maintaining this positive experience for both potential and current students, as well as their families and alumni. He is responsible for the overall functioning and performance of the Registrar Office.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
You’ll lead your teams to support growth, development and service development, in line with our overarching strategic objectives. As a member of college’s senior management team, you’ll ensure we comply with the requirements from a range of statutory and funding bodies. You’ll take on formal regulatory responsibilities for students governed by our own regulations.
You’ll also be Secretary to the Academic Resourcing Committee, including approving and adjusting budgets. For this you’ll need to build a strong understanding of our academic departments’ strategy and activity, as well as the college’s overarching financial objectives.
Working in partnership with the President and with the relevant Faculties and Support Department(s) to identify training and development opportunities, build markets in Canada and around the Globe
- Develop and deliver strategy for the college in a number of key areas, with a particular focus on generating student fee income, student recruitment (including International Students), student experience, student progress, academic quality and standards and employability.
- As the senior officer overseeing academic and student administration within the college, provide direction and leadership to the heads of corporate functions within the Academic Office, International Student Office, Student Careers and Skills, Student Recruitment, Outreach and Admissions Office, and Teaching Quality, to include shaping the functions, building capability and setting/maintaining standards of service delivery in line with the college’s strategic objectives. The role holder will provide direction to ensure that the critical interfaces of activity between the Offices are well integrated and co-ordinated.
- Ensure that critical processes are sustained to meet statutory and contractual requirements, and that the college’s academic regulatory framework is fit for purpose and compliant with external agency requirements.
- As a member of the college’s senior management team, contribute at the most senior level to the strategic management and development of the college. The role holder will chair, participate in high-level committees and working groups, to develop appropriate strategies and oversee the implementation of change.
- Working with the President to ensure that the allocation of resources promotes and enables the college’s strategic academic objectives, and that there are effective controls and incentives in place to support good financial and strategic management of academic departments.
- Develop proactive relationships with relevant external stakeholders, monitor developments and best practices within the Post-Secondary sector ensuring that creative solutions are incorporated into strategies/policies/ procedures for which the role holder is accountable.
- Liaises with education agents and businesses internationally.
- Updates and set up the school information system with new courses, documents, agencies profiles and prices.
- Any other duties and responsibilities appropriate and commensurate with the level of responsibility as determined by the Registrar including general office administration.
PERSON SPECIFICATION, ESSENTIAL CRITERIA & QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a field relevant to the College Experience.
- Experience in developing and delivering business plans including financial planning and reporting.
- Experience in identifying market opportunities and undertaking market insight evaluations to assure the feasibility and viability of identified opportunities.
- Experienced practitioner with significant background in academic administration
- Strong strategic understanding and knowledge of national HE and institutional issues relating to academic administration. This would usually be expected to include funding and assessment issues; teaching quality and enhancement and student assessment; student recruitment and admissions; student finance; student records and statutory returns; institutional partnerships; international policy; academic and student regulatory frameworks; resource allocation and funding
- The ability to provide strong and inspiring leadership to manage and motivate staff, and to act as an effective member of a team and demonstrate the ability to engage beyond
- departmental boundaries
- An expert in developing academic curriculum for Post-Secondary education in Canada
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Good understanding of Canadian Admission process
- Very good understanding of international student admission process and Canadian Immigration system
- Strong communication skills in all formats.
- Ability to be self-motivated as well as work as part of a team.
- Experience in project management, financial planning and reporting, and evaluation of cost-benefits and returns on investment.
- Ability to travel frequently within Canada and particularly West Africa which may involve evening and/or weekends.
- Travel Time: To be determined and as business requires
APPLY To apply, send a cover letter and your resume to us at email@example.com