Teaching & Research Fellow/ Pharmacy Technician Instructor
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
A new college in Edmonton, Canada is looking to build its business engagement regionally, nationally and internationally through workforce development and skills training, knowledge exchange and transfer, research, innovation and development.
We are looking for a strong leader to provide vision and strategic direction for key areas of our Pharmacy department. Your varied portfolio will include academic and student instruction; curriculum development; student experience (including international); student progress and assessment; and employability.
Instructors play a key role in teaching students of all ages and academic backgrounds and maintaining this positive experience for both potential and current students, as well as their families and alumni. Instructors are responsible for the overall development, preparation, presentation, gathering research, marking assignments and exams, and performing other administrative duties.
Researchers play a key role in providing information and knowledge, including preparing research proposals and funding applications to presenting the results of the research.
Working with academic and technical staff, in collaboration with College business partners and other professional service staff, the College Business Development Manager will be critical to the achievement of the College’s business plan.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
You will lead your teams to support growth, development and service development, in line with our overarching strategic objectives. As a member of the college’s senior management team, you will ensure we comply with the requirements from a range of statutory and funding bodies. You will take on formal regulatory responsibilities for students governed by our own regulations.
You will also be coordinating new up-to-date information to develop and maintain curriculum, prepare teaching materials, course outlines, examinations, and student feedback.
Working in partnership with the Administrative staff and with the relevant Faculties and Support Department(s) to identify training and development opportunities, building and maintaining institutional expectations, updates, and reviews
- Prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses.
- Prepare, administer, and mark tests and papers to evaluate students’ progress.
- Advise students on program curricula and career decisions.
- Serve on faculty committees for budgets, curriculum revision, course requirements, student application review and staffing.
- Conduct course and program evaluation or review.
- Provide consultative services to government, business, and other organizations.
- Deliver lectures and presentations.
- Demonstrate and supervise laboratory experiments.
- Lead discussion groups and seminars.
- Instruct and supervise students in practical shop work session.
- Evaluate shop work of students in trades.
- Provide assistance to students with special needs.
- Instruct students through lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations and laboratory, shop, and field studies.
- Teach Pharmacy assistant/technician students and to carry out the associated assessment processes.
- Deliver instruction that meets module and program objectives as set out in the curriculum.
- Cooperate with colleagues in the continuous review and development of the programs and associated curriculum.
- Provide academic support and advice to program students in pharmacology and therapeutics areas.
- Engage in the regular evaluation and development of modules for which the Teaching and Research Fellow has responsibility, in terms of content, delivery and assessment.
- Monitor and review students during practicum and/or clinical placements, as program requires.
- Develop teaching methods, materials, technologies and learning environments which enhance the students learning opportunities whilst creating an environment for understanding and enthusiasm amongst students.
- Assess, interpret, and evaluate outcomes of research.
- Develop ideas for finding research opportunities, generating income, and promoting research area.
- Decide on research programs and methodologies.
PERSON SPECIFICATION, ESSENTIAL CRITERIA & QUALIFICATIONS:
• A Master’s degree in Pharmacy
• A Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy with minimum of 2 years teaching experience
• Experience and understanding of developing and delivering curriculum to students
• Experienced practitioner with significant background in academic administration and instruction
• Strong strategic understanding and knowledge of Higher Education and institutional issues relating to instructions. This would usually be expected to include funding and assessment issues; teaching quality and enhancement and student assessment; student recruitment and admissions; student finance; student records and statutory returns; institutional partnerships; international policy; academic and student regulatory frameworks; resource allocation and funding
• The ability to provide strong and inspiring leadership to manage and motivate staff, and to act as an effective member of a team and demonstrate the ability to engage beyond departmental boundaries
• An expert in developing academic curriculum for Post-Secondary education in Canada
• Previous instructional experience in a post-secondary environment and course work in adult education, with evidence of student-centered teaching excellence, is preferred.
• Experience with learner management systems and computer programs
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Good understanding of the Canadian Health Care system process, acts and regulations.
• Be able to initiate, engage, observe, and support students of all academic levels.
• Strong communication skills in all formats.
• Ability to be self-motivated as well as work as part of a team.
• Model respectful and critical thinking skills, behaviour, and language.
• A desire to learn and share their knowledge
• Critical thinking skills
• An aptitude for health care and/or research in this discipline
• Experience in working with students in a learning environment.
• Valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate
• Completed a criminal record check, with a vulnerable sector search.
To apply, send a cover letter and your resume to us at email@example.com